3 Ways To Add Pumpkin To Your Coffee
We know the pumpkin spice craze is already in full effect, but here at Hiline, we believe November is the true peak of the pumpkin season. There is no better feeling than eating pumpkin pie on a full stomach on Thanksgiving night, but we like to get as close to that feeling as possible in the weeks leading up to the big feast. That's why we made this list of some of our favorite pumpkin inspired coffee drinks for you to make in the comfort of your own home.
- 2 cups of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tbsps pumpkin puree
- 1-3 tbsps sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of hot coffee or 2 shots of HiLine espresso
- Whipped cream, for serving
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar. Heat until hot but do not boil.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and whisk in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and coffee.
- Divide the mixture in to mugs and top with whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup HiLine ground coffee beans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the ground coffee with 4 cups of cold water to a pitcher. Stir and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- Place a strainer with cheesecloth over a large pitcher or bowl. Slowly pour coffee (with grounds) into the cheesecloth lined strainer until all the liquid has filtered through.
- Dilute cold brew concentrate with a 2:1 ratio of cold water. If you like the cold brew strong, add less water in this step.
- In a saucepan, combine heavy cream, sugar, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice. Whisk over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and cream mixture begins to steam. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract. Strain through a mesh strainer and transfer to a pint sized mason jar or pitcher. Refrigerate until cool.
- Once chilled, use a milk frother to froth the pumpkin cream, or shake vigorously in mason jar.
- Fill large glass with ice. Add cold brew coffee, leaving space for cream. Pour in desired amount of frothy pumpkin cream and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin ice cream
- 4 oz freshly brewed HiLine coffee or 2 shots of HiLine espresso
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, to garnish
- Scoop 1/2 cup of ice cream into a small chilled bowl or mug.
- Pour 2 oz coffee or 1 shot of espresso over ice cream.
- Repeat with remaining coffee and ice cream and garnish with pumpkin pie spice.