10 Weird Facts About Coffee
If you’re reading this then you, my friend, are a true lover of coffee. Its flavors, its aromas, its ability to transform itself completely and still taste as delicious as ever; All of this and more is what makes coffee so delicious and even more unique.
To honor coffee’s uniqueness and versatility here are some “Weird” facts you didn’t know about our beloved coffee.
- In Italian espresso literally means “to force out” which in coffee’s case could mean a couple of things. *wink* *wink*
- Coffee beans grow on a bush. We're not sure where we thought coffee beans grew, but a bush wouldn’t have been our first guess.
- Your favorite coffee shops are known to use fake coffee smell to entice its customers. You too can have that yummy coffee shop scent with a candle maybe? Give it a go!
- POP CULTURE REFERENCE! A Starbucks cup is visible in every scene of Fight Club
- Coffee has been found to reduce the chance of cirrhosis. This is the best news yet - given our two favorite liquids are coffee and vodka!
- A cup of coffee contains more antioxidants than a cup of grape juice.
- It’s so good for you, in fact, that its been known to help type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s.
- 4 out of 5 Americans start their day with a cup of coffee. The fifth American doesn’t know what he’s missing. His loss!
- The famous Johann Sebastien Bach once wrote a cantata about coffee addiction. Because when you drink coffee you get a lot of random stuff done!
- Finally, approximately 5 billion cups of coffee are brewed around the world every year. Do you know why? Because it RULES.
Take these random facts about our beloved coffee and go forth with the knowledge of all of its health benefits and the widespread happiness it provides!